Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Claremont

Oh, Claremont, why hast thou forsaken me? I was at the Claremont, again. I was hoping I'd get the promised 11th-stay upgrade, even though (of course), I'd lost my golden ticket. (See below). I arrived at the hotel very very late (3:30 AM my time), and was again greeted like the stranger I am not. My room did seem a little bigger than usual. The message light was blinking on my phone when I arrived in the room. It turned out there wasn't a voice message, but there was a note for me at the front desk. How exciting! I thought it would be a congratulatory message about my upgrade. Alas, it wasn't so. The next morning, when I retrieved the message (oddly, they couldn't turn off the blinking message light until they had printed it out), it turned out to be nothing but a hotel-wide notice that the hotel was now providing shuttle service to downtown Oakland. What a heart breaker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After the rat bastards in Berkeley tried to throw out the Marine Corps recruiters, I'm surprised you'd even consider staying there ...

Anonymous said...

Your Blob Is Very Good
What A Nice Blog
This is a Wonderful Blog

motel said...

Hi Mod
I see good blog here.
I like your blog .
Please Take link Exchange with main
page.my site below.
http://motelfan.blogspot.com